Depixus® is a fast-growing venture-funded life science tools company, with over 50 staff based in both Paris and Cambridge, UK, bringing to market its award-winning MAGNA™ platform. MAGNA™ will take researchers beyond the limitations of current day sequencing to reveal new insights into the dynamic genome, enabling important advances in clinical research and drug development.
This role presents a genuinely exciting and unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in a talented and diverse multinational team at a key stage in the company’s evolution.
You will join our multidisciplinary team as a full-time Scientist in Development in our biology team. As we transform our portfolio of innovative solutions into ready to use kits for our customers, you will have the chance to work on various projects related to the analysis of genetic and epigenetic modifications. This is a great opportunity to play an important role in the development of a cutting-edge technology.
You will need to enjoy evolving in a fast-paced environment and being part of a highly collaborative and versatile team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist – comfortable to work in team as well as individually – to bring R&D products into commercial products. The ability for high-quality experimentation and documentation will be essential, with the capacity to follow and create standard operating procedure.
You will be in charge of planning and conducting experiments, and tutoring of junior staff. You will actively contribute to the transfer to manufacturing and the establishment of the quality control processes.
- Elaborate and review experimental plans
- Define the manufacturing process
- Collaborate with the QC team to establish QC processes and specifications
- Analyze the results obtained from the platform
- Critically assess experimental data, provide interpretation of results, and ensure data quality and integrity
- Document technical protocols, standard operating procedures, summaries, and reports
- Prepare and deliver internal and external scientific presentations
Essential qualifications & experience
- A Master’s degree in life sciences (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry or medicinal chemistry) with >3 years of relevant working experience in Biotechnology, Diagnostics, or Pharma in a similar role.
- Candidate with a BSc. degree and >5 years of relevant industrial experience or with a PhD with >2 years of relevant industrial experience in a similar role will also be considered.
- We are looking for an individual with experience in industry in either of the following fields: Product or kit development; Transfer to manufacturing; Quality control; Life cycle management.
- A strong fundamental knowledge-base and problem-solving skill set across a wide range of molecular biology laboratory techniques is essential.
- The ability to design, plan, analyze and report experiments in the respect of objectives and deadlines is critical.
- Willingness to learn new methods and skills is essential.
- Good organization, record keeping and presentation skills.
- Capacity to communicate in English, both in writing and oral presentations. Good spoken French sis an asset.
- Knowledge of using Excel for data analysis and Word / Powerpoint. Knowledge of JMP, Python or R Cran programming languages and/or Laboratory Inventory Management Systems would be advantageous.
- Visio interview with the HR team
- Technical interview with manager and team members + visit office / lab
- Final Interview