Internship / Based in Paris
EG 427 is a French biotechnology company that pioneers a new approach in gene therapy called pinpoint gene therapy. By exploiting the natural properties of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1), notably its ability to establish lifelong latency in peripheral neurons, EG 427 ensures highly specific and durable expression of the transgene to treat, in the long run, patients with severe, chronic and localized diseases, starting with peripheral nervous system disorders. One year after its inception, EG 427 has already built its proprietary HSV-1 vector platform and achieved the preclinical proof of its concept in the most common type of neurogenic bladder (urinary bladder dysfunction due to supra-sacral spinal cord injury). Today, the company is evaluating the potential of pinpoint gene therapy in other indications that involve different compartments of the peripheral nervous system. The company expects to start its first clinical trials by 2023. Based in Paris, EG 427 was founded by a world-renowned team in the field of HSV-1 vectorology and spinal cord injury-related disorders.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented intern, to support our business development effort. Under the supervision of the VP Strategy & Engineering, you will have a double task. On a methodology perspective, contribute to implement the company’s tools to process its business development pipeline. On a more practicle level, contribute to the business development effort in conferences preparation, meeting organization and follow-up to generate partnership leads. You will also be associated to the preparation of our next financing round, to screen potential investors and manage contact database.
The main responsibilities
- Contribute to implementation of BD workflow process in the company’s tool
- Contribute to company screening to identify potential targets
- Contribute to conferences preparation (meeting organization, presentation material, …)
- Contribute to follow-up of existing contacts •Contribute to investor’s identification and contact base management The profile
- Business school graduation year or Marketing master – Any specialization in the pharmaceutical business would be greatly appreciated.
- Knowledge and interest in biopharmaceutical area is a must, previous internship or experience is a plus
- Organizational and methodological skills – Process oriented
- Very Good MS Office and presentation skills
- Graphic competences is a plus
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
You are able to work independently an in a cross-functional team. You are agile and flexible in a fast-paced environment (startup). You have strong communication skills (ability to talk with a variety of people confidently and effectively at all levels).
Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org